Up in the middle of the night? Sleeplessness interrupting your lifestyle? Why don’t you change your morning routine a bit? Instead of your standard tea, take a sip of Chamomile tea.
Now, you must be wondering, why and how is a chamomile flower-infused tea related to your insomnia, right? Do not worry. You are at the right place, and an explanation of your query follows. Read on to find out how this cuppa helps you while taking a sip of the same!
How and Why can You Catch Better Zzzzs with Chamomile Tea?
REM or Rapid Eye Movement accounts for about 25% of your sleep and is one of the 5 sleep cycles. During this cycle, the body and the brain are energized. This makes it a vital phase of your sleep.
Moreover, a good sleep has an overall positive impact on your health. Hence, it is essential that you get your dose of beauty sleep right. By the way, @Insomniacs out there: do not get concerned. Your problem is shared by 30% of the people globally.
Here’s how your cuppa with the essence of Chamomile flowers gets you through your insomnia:
1. Healers often use chamomile or matricaria recutita (scientific name) as a natural remedy for some ailments. Some of these are:
- Reducing anxiety
- Easing out the digestive process
All of these add up to stress-free sleep time.
You can dream away peacefully after a cup of this sweet flavored tea. It retains its color and taste for long if stored in a dry place. Moreover, it also leaves you energized and ready for the day’s work.
2. The chamomile infused tea has no caffeine. Yet, it leaves you as fresh as your caffeine does, sans the side effects. So, you get a daily dose of freshness along with an assortment of health benefits!
3. Having a cup of this tea regularly increases your body’s glycine level, which is a chemical naturally present in your body. Glycine helps the nerves and muscles in the body to relax. Moreover, it also acts as a mild sedative.
As a result of the relaxation, your mind is calm, and hence, your body floats off into a peaceful doze.
The subtle taste of chamomile infused tea brings a smile of satisfaction on the face of clients who have benefited from its other qualities too. Here are some of them.
- Has anti-inflammatory quality
- Is a natural cure for arthritis
- Calming the anxious mind because of the presence of an antioxidant called Apigenin in it.
- Acts like a natural anti-depressant
- Aids in easing out muscle spasms
The smoothness of Chamomile tea with the mellow taste it offers combines to make a sipper feel refreshed as a peaceful sleep follows. So, choose to sip this healthy cuppa of tea this summer and sigh away in your sleep!