Tea has been a popular beverage choice for centuries and is enjoyed around the world. It is one of the most widely consumed drinks, second only to water. Whether you’re a longtime tea enthusiast or just starting to learn about this energizing beverage, there is something for everyone to enjoy. While we are on the subject of tea variants, let’s talk about a special type of tea that is both rich in history and flavor. The name of that tea is hand-rolled oolong tea. This tea is neither green nor black, rather it has its own identity.
Depending on the processing of this tea, it resembles black or green tea. If you are a tea lover and want to have a cup of it then you can buy oolong tea from Halmari Tea Store. And if you like to know about different teas, then oolong tea is something that would be worth your time.
Origin of oolong tea:
Oolong tea is one of the most popular teas in the world, with drinkers ranging from casual caffeine consumers to ardent tea enthusiasts. Where does oolong tea come from? Let’s have a look.
Oolong tea originated in China during the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644). It is believed that its development was a result of a happy accident: A tea farmer had gone out to pick leaves for green tea but forgot about them until they had oxidized somewhat.
Upon tasting his work he discovered a unique flavor combination which he then named ‘oolong’ – loosely translated as ‘black dragon’. This seemingly accidental creation has since been cultivated into an art form and has become one of China’s most highly prized teas.
The making of hand-rolled oolong tea
Oolong tea is made from the same plant as black tea or green tea. The name of that plant is camellia Sinensis. A region’s culture, climate, and geography, together formulate the variety of tea that you will get in a cup.
Getting the best cup of tea also depends on how they are processed after being picked. It goes the same for oolong tea. Eight steps are required to get a perfect cup of oolong tea.
These steps are withering, cooling, light rolling oxidizing, roasting, final rolling, drying, and hand sorting. Halmari Tea Store is one of the most reliable tea sellers that follow these steps. So, if you want to have a cup of tea then buy oolong tea bags from this place.
How hand-rolled oolong tea is prepared
Making a great cup of hand-rolled oolong tea is an art form that requires time, patience, and knowledge. Not only does the preparation process require skill and precision, but it also produces a unique flavor that cannot be found in any other type of tea.
To get the best results from your hand-rolled oolong tea, make sure to buy premium oolong tea from a good tea store. Also, knowing the brewing tips can help you make a decent cup for yourself.
- The use of fresh and filtered water is required during preparing this tea.
- Steeping and time may have an effect on different styles of oolong tea. Generally, this form of tea is steeped between 180 and 200 degrees for 1 to 3 minutes.
- At sea level, the simmering of water takes place at 190 degrees, and at 210 degrees it boils. This tip can be helpful if you don’t have a temperature-controlled electric kettle.
- The majority of oolong teas are fashioned in a way that you have to steep it many times. Each oolong tea steeping unfolds its layers of aroma and flavor that the brand or company has intended to create. If you are steeping premium oolong tea, then it would take you three to five infusions.
- Short infusions are the best way to get a cup of oolong tea. So, don’t over-steep the tea as it can lead to a more bitter flavor.
- If there are any specific recommendations for your oolong tea pack, follow them. However, using 2 gms of loose tea leaves for a 2-ounce cup of water is ideal.
- While the tea is steeping inside the utensil, use a glass cover so that heat does not escape.
From picking to brewing oolong tea, it is an art that every tea curator masters. So, when you are sipping a cup of this beautiful blend try not to have it with any additives like sugar or milk.
It is always safe to purchase oolong tea from a company that has got positive reviews. One such company is Halmari Tea. Its Gold Hand-Rolled Oolong Tea is a big hit in the market. If you order this oolong tea online, you will receive a good package that will also have brewing and storage tips. So, without any delay, get your pack of hand-rolled oolong tea now!