Oolong tea is a semi-oxidized beautiful tea blend which is known for its refreshing aroma and freshness. When brewed, the liquor contains a mellow honey-like aroma which is capable of rejuvenating your senses. So, not only aroma but the lingering taste makes it one of the finest blends that tea lovers crave for.
Wondering what else you could have asked for?
The lingering taste and sweet aroma aren’t the only features that make it enjoyable, as there are several health benefits of oolong tea. Here’s, have a look at the benefits.
Benefits of Oolong Tea
- Lowering cholesterol level is one of the tea benefits, and it will keep your heart healthy.
- Antioxidant flavonoids present in the liquor is known to build a healthier immune system and prevents cellular damage. It accelerates the production of anti-bacterial proteins responsible for fighting bacterial or virus-related disease.
- Helps in boosting metabolism, which may help in losing weight.
- A cup of oolong tea is capable of rejuvenating your senses after a stressful day.
- Studies suggest that drinking this brew can help in maintaining blood sugar to a healthy level.
These tea benefits make it an exciting and preferable choice of a beverage for people. Considering health awareness amongst people, they find the properties therapeutic and beneficial.
Secret of This Brew
This immunity boosting tea is made up from the stem, buds, and leaves of Camellia Sinensis plant and is somewhere between black tea and green tea in taste. It is a semi-oxidized or slightly fermented tea, and this makes it a fantastic immunity booster.
Even though this tea is semi-oxidized, it is rich in antioxidants which work magically for human health. Besides, it is refreshing and can turn your day into a little less stressful one.
How is Oolong Tea Processed?
- The terminal bud and the leaves are plucked from the Camellia Sinensis plant, especially in April when the buds are mature.
- After this, the tea leaves are spread in large sheets for the process of withering.
- Leaves are allowed to partially dry before they are moved for the process of oxidization.
- When the leaves are semi-oxidized, the tea leaves are shifted to a heated rolling cylinder.
- Once this firing process is complete, they need to be rolled. Being one of the traditional most teas, these are still hand-rolled for the best produce. However, one may use a rotating cylinder for the same purpose.
- As a subsequent step, this Oolong tea needs to be dried so that the excess moisture is soaked and the tea leaves retain the rich aroma.
- The final stage is sorting, after which the tea contents are sent for packaging. One may choose to remove tiny stems from the content or may choose to keep it.
Prepared using this process, the tea retains its antioxidant properties and is an excellent blend. Therefore, it has several tea benefits, as mentioned earlier.
How to Brew a Cup of Oolong Tea?
Warm the water to a temperature of about 75-80 degree C and unfurl the contents of hand-rolled oolong tea to stay healthy. Let it simmer for about two to three minutes before turning off the flame. Now, relish this enticing aroma and sweet taste of a healthy beverage.
Buy this immune system booster oolong tea online and refresh your mind from the everyday stress as you take a sip of the fresh brew.