Even though green tea was previously not as popular as black or white tea, people are eventually starting to embrace it owing to its many health benefits. They have become more health conscious owing to increasing obesity and weight related problems. Manufactured from the Camellia sinensis leaves, green tea does not undergo the same withering and oxidation process of making others.
If you buy high quality green tea online or from any local shop and consume it daily, you will find many improvements in your general health eventually. This is mainly because it contains Epigallocatechin gallate or EGCG which has numerous benefits for the human body.
Let us take a Look at few of the Proven Benefits Of EGCG:
- Reduces heart disease risk: The polyphenols found in EGCG lowers cholesterol. So when you keep your cholesterol level at a check, it considerably decreases your risk of heart diseases.
- Anti-inflammatory effects: It can lower inflammation effectively. Especially, if you have rheumatoid arthritis, consuming green tea supplies ECGC to your body, which acts as an anti-inflammatory agent.
- Improves liver function: ECGC helps to lower the lipid levels in the human body, this reduces the chances of acquiring the non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. Thus it is good for your liver health.
- Prevents osteoporosis: Osteoporosis is one of the most destructive diseases of the bone. If you consume green tea regularly, the ECGC in it will help to promote osteoblast and osteoclast growth in your bone cells; this reduces the risk of getting osteoporosis considerably.
- Promotes mental health: ECGC helps to promote mental health. Drinking it regularly can help in the prevention of diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
- Helps in weight loss: It helps to keep your weight in check. If you increase your ECGC intake, your body won’t accumulate harmful fat in your body.
Apart from these, there are many more. So if you buy high-quality green tea and include it in your diet, you will cut the risks of many common ailments from your life.
Some things to Keep in Mind before Starting to Consume Green Tea Regularly:
It is best to consume green tea without adding anything to it. The EGCG contained in it loses its value if you add milk. Also, even though consuming green tea is healthy, drinking it in huge amount can also affect your health adversely. This is because the caffeine contained in it can cause anxiety and heart-rate fluctuations if consumed in copious amounts. Moreover, this results in crankiness and mood swings which disrupt daily life!
Since green tea is comparatively more expensive than other kinds, you must do a quality check before buying it. Make sure you only buy high-quality green tea to enjoy maximum benefits. So don’t delay and get a cuppa brewing for a healthier life!