Tea or Coffee?
This question has been plaguing people for years now. Even though tea is the more preferred beverage, coffee too has steadily made its place amongst us. So much so that it is almost like a drug for some people; the necessity that gives them a boost to function throughout the day.
But of course, coffee comes with its share of problems; which is why drinking a cup of tea is much more beneficial health wise. Here are some reasons why you must ditch your coffee and buy white tea bags online, you have been eyeing for a while.
Tea Versus Coffee: Which is the Better Choice?
- Coffee has much higher caffeine content than tea. Especially with green and white tea, you can cut back a lot on caffeine consumption. Even though it energizes you, too much caffeine intake may cause restlessness, anxiety, tachycardia, heart palpitations, insomnia, and nausea.
- Having an unfiltered coffee can be a reason for an increase in the level of bad cholesterol, LDL.
- Tests show that there are more than 1000 chemicals present in roasted coffee. Almost 19 of those chemicals are known to be carcinogenic.
- Researchers believe that drinking coffee can considerably decrease the chances of Alzheimer’s disease and type 2 diabetes.
- White tea is full of antioxidants (even more than green) which make it perfect to get rid of various toxins in our body.
- White tea is also found to hinder the production of fat cells in our body. Thus buying white tea bags online and consuming it can help keeping weight gain in check.
- Tea, in fact, has a long list of health benefits like protection against a myriad of heart diseases, reduction of progression of type 1 diabetes, protection of liver by regulating insulin production, etc.
- However, tea contains tannin, which when consumed in a large quantity can restrict iron absorption in our bodies; this may lead to anemia.
Both tea and coffee have their shares of pros and cons, but the number of cons in the case of coffee is significantly higher than that of tea, especially of white and green varieties. So breaking up with coffee is a good idea if you are opting for a healthier lifestyle.
A Word of Caution:
Many people often make the mistake of adding milk to their cup of tea. The addition of milk, although not harmful, reduces the benefits of tea. So the next time you buy white tea bags online, forego the milk and sugar. Cut back on coffee and enjoy a hot cup of tea to remain fresh and fit!